BAGHDAD & LONDON - The US military on Sunday announced the deaths of four marines in Iraq's western Al-Anbar province.
The US military said three marines had been killed during enemy action on Saturday in the restive province, and later announced that a fourth had also died in the same region.
The latest fatalities brought the US military death toll in Iraq since the invasion to 2,373, according to an AFP count based on Pentagon figures.
Meanwhile, A British soldier has been killed in a bomb blast in southern Iraq, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said Saturday.
The soldier died of injuries sustained in an attack involving an improvised explosive device. Three other soldiers were slightly injured.
Armed Forces Minister Adam Ingram said: "I was deeply saddened to hear of this incident; my thoughts and sympathies are with the families of all those concerned at this difficult time."
The soldier was a member of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.
His next of kin have been informed but the MoD were withholding his name until the wider family has been told.
The death takes the number of British troops killed in Iraq since the March 2003 US-led invasion to 104.
Of those, 79 were killed in action.